Terms & Conditions
- In giving instructions, either in person, by agent or via insurers, for an animal to be treated, you will be responsible for our charges.
- Whenever possible we will give an estimate of the cost of treatment, however, variations and complications may arise resulting in further costs being incurred.
- There are occasions on which we incur costs on your behalf, such as tests performed at outside laboratories. These may be invoiced to you at a later date.
- Payment of invoice is due within 14 days of receipt, we allow 3 days for post.
- We reserve the right to charge a compound interest charge of 2.5% per month on invoices remaining unpaid after 30 days from issue.
- Non-payment after 60 days from issue may result in court action.
- We accept payments by all credit/debit cards, cash and cheques made payable to P J McMahon or
- We can accept payment via the BACS banking system
Account number 40622117
Sort Code 20-42-58
P J McMahon Practice Account
- IBAN GB83. BARC 2042 5840 622117
SWIFTBIC BARC GB22
- We accept new clients on a payment on examination basis for the first 3 visits and/or until an acceptable credit rating has been established.
- We charge an out of hours premium for calls after 6pm and before 9 am and on weekends
Insurance, Prescriptions and medication collected/posted
Payments can be taken direct from insurance companies only by prior arrangement with the practice. We expect payment in full of the insurance excess be made prior to the claim form being completed and sent. Unlike other types of insurance the debt remains the client’s responsibility until is paid in full, we will therefore keep sending statements so that the progress of the claim can be monitored from both sides. We make a charge of £10.00 + VAT for completion of claim forms to cover administration costs. A copy of the claim form and associated invoices will always be sent direct to our clients upon completion either by post or by email.
Prescriptions can be requested and will be fulfilled only for horses currently under our care. We charge a fee of £13.00 + VAT. As per the Royal Veterinary College guidelines any horse having repeat prescriptions needs to be examined on a regular basis, we put this at every 6 months.
We reserve the right to request payment of any medication sent or picked up from the practice at time of pick up or prior to postage